The simple fact is, no one likes spiders in their home (especially in the bedroom late at night) not you, your family, or even your pets…however cats seem to enjoy hunting them, especially Hobo spiders.
If you are dealing with a spider problem and are looking for a practical and safe solution, call Merle at Merle’s Pest Control for positive results you will see tomorrow. She has years of practical experience; and the right technology, and equipment to solve your most critical pest problems. There are no companies more qualified for this task. Merle owns and operates one of the most respected and trusted companies in the industry. She is professional, precise, and relentless in solving your pest problems. This gives her the positive advantage she needs, and the results you deserve. Each program is designed for your specific needs, no guess work here. Merle is always there, not only to solve your most difficult pest problem but to personally answer any questions and to address any concerns you may have. She will protect you, your family, and pets as well as our environment. Call her today for positive results you will see tomorrow: 541-915-7581
The Good and the Bad
Spiders outside your home can provide a beneficial service; they eat other insects such as silverfish, flies, wasps, cockroaches as well as many other insects.
However, when found inside your home, this is an entirely different matter. For once inside they set up housekeeping, and they intend to stay. This is where they find ample sources of food (other insects), and a source of water (that is why you will find them in your sink or bathtub). Your home will also provide the ideal shelter to protect them from the hot summer days. Spiders have a waxy film covering their bodies. If they are exposed to high temperatures this waxy film becomes semi-fluid causing them to lose vital fluids. It is the springtime temperatures inside your home or garage that provide the perfect shelter during the heat of a summer day.
Many people do not realize that spiders are nocturnal; this means they are very active at night: they do not remain idle. They are hunters looking for their meal or midnight snack. While their primary source for food consists of other insects, if disturbed they can and will bite you, your family, or pets. They can even end up in your bedroom. Few things are more frightening than waking up in the darkness of night and seeing their beady red eyes staring right at your face. There it is poised and ready to jump right at you. It takes little imagination to know what happens next…and it is not pleasant.
Now that the warmer summer days are nearly here, it is time to take preventive action. This is not the time to second-guess a pending spider infestation. Call Merle today for prompt and reliable treatment that works. Call Merle at Merle’s Pest Control 541-915-7581, she has the answers and solutions that are safe for you, your family, your pets, and our environment.
Here are some interesting facts about spiders I thought you and your family might enjoy:
- Spiders have blue blood just like snails and octopuses.
- Spider silk is liquid at the beginning and only becomes solid in the air.
- Spiders only have muscles to pull their legs inwards. But some spiders do not have the opposite extensor muscles. Therefore, they move them outwards by pumping blood into them.
- There are different types of spiders in which the female eats the male before, during, or after copulation
- Around 35,000 different types of spiders are known worldwide.
- The Sydney funnel-web spider’s venom can be used after an individual has a stroke to prevent brain damage.
- In total, all spiders eat around 800 million tons of prey per year.
- Some spiders live together on a web after mating.
- Jumping spiders can even see the ultraviolet spectrum. This enables them to jump from branch to branch.
- The water spider (Argyroneta aquatica) spins a dense web out of silk, which it uses like a diving bell.
No one out performs or cares more about solving your pest problem. Merle’s Pest control offers practical and safe solutions; you can even remain in your home during a service call if you choose. To protect your family and pets, and our environment while solving your pest problem, including spiders call Merle today at 541-915-7581 for results you will see tomorrow.